Of course, we saw lots of llamas, as they are native to Peru. This is a llama we saw on the last day of our hike before we reached Intipuku. He was just hanging out on the trail.
Here are a couple of llamas within Machu Picchu, a mama and her baby.
This was another unusual animal which I cannot recall what it was called, the little guy looked like a cross between a rabbit (he had floppy ears) and a squirrel (his tail looked like a squirrel). I don't know if somebody was joking when they said these things are somewhat endangered as they are used for food. Heck, if they eat guinea pigs here, it wouldn't surprise me that they'd eat this thing...
We also saw some cool hummingbirds at our hotel in Agua Calientes, unfortunately my battery ran out on my camera, so I'm hoping Lorry and Sharon got some good shots that I can post once we exchange pictures.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Animals in Peru
In addition to dogs, we saw a few varieties of other animals. On Day 1 of our hike on the Inka Trail, we saw wild parrots that were hanging out in the trees above us. Some of these parrots were even hanging out at camp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment