Tuesday, January 1, 2008

So who is going?

Lorry is Sharons's friend who is arranging the trip, she sent out this note yesterday introducing everyone...

1. Lorry - Sharon's friend who is arranging the trip, she works at a company called Volcano in Rancho Cordova.
2. Tucker will be 13 yrs old and is Lorry's son (child #3). It was his 4th grade teacher who told us about her honeymoon in Peru hiking Machu Pichu that got us all interested in this trip
3. Cynthia works in RA at Volcano with me and was the first one to ‘sign up’ for this adventure
4. Nathan is Cynthia’s son and will be 9 at trip time. He has lots of energy (I hear from his mother) so he’ll beat us all up the mountain.
5. Mike is QA Mgr at Volcano joining a few months ago. He’s a crazy adventurous guy so he could not turn down this cool trip.
6. Yoko lives in Tokyo Japan, has been consulting with Volcano RA for the past 2 years and in Oct of 2007 joined as RA Mgr Japan.
7. Sharon works at Methodist Hospital and is the Chemistry lab Supervisor. Sharon and I worked together from about 1996. We used to cycle together too but life got in the way of that.
8. Me...

Sharon and I have already made a pact that we will stick together and take it slow so it will be an enjoyable trip. I just have to remember...it's not a race! The altitude thing is still scaring me at this point...

No comments: