Once I decided I would go on the trip, we worked with the Travel Agent to ensure there was still space available. We're in! Next Sharon and I had to make our airlines reservations, which we got done last week. We'll be flying out of San Francisco to Los Angeles to Lima to Cuzco.
I've been trying to make a mental note of the stuff I need to bring and what I need to buy...REI will be getting lots of business from me I think! I already have a pair of backpacking boots I bought last year that I only wore a couple of times, so I've been wearing them geocaching to get them broken in. I'm also considering whether I will take a lighter weight boot as it seems we won't be carrying much (we'll be hiring porters to carry most of our stuff). Luckily, I think I'm pretty set as far as clothes go as I've got a few pairs of pants that have the zip-off legs to make them into shorts. Glad I also have a Camelback and water filter. The main thing I need at this point to to make sure I decide which shoes I'm bringing and to make sure they are broken in, happy feet are important!
This week I'm making an appointment to get the immunizations I'll need for the trip, more about that later...
I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants at this point as I don't have a lot of details...
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment