Here's some video I found on Youtube that shows the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu. These give you a much better perspective of the trail and the steps than any of my pictures do. Oh yeah, pay special attention to the porters who fly by the hikers, they are just amazing.
Seeing these makes me wish I would have taken more videos on this trip...oh well...
Pay special attention to the "Inca Elevator"; I remember this part of the trail, it was on Day 4 on the hike up to Intipuku (the Sun Gate) where we got our first glimpse of Machu Picchu from high above. I remember looking up the trail and all I could see was a steep, steep section of stairs that seemed to go up forever. Of course, it didn't, it just felt like it...
This video below was pretty funny...(warning: contains a little "adults only" material...haha)
I'm kind of glad I found these videos AFTER completing the trip. If I saw these before I went, I might have chickened out and not gone on this big adventure!...
I also realize that we really lucked out going when we did, we did have that one day of rain on the 3rd day of the hike, but it was beautiful, everything was so green. We had heard that things turn brown in the dry season, you can tell in these videos that things are drier than when we went.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment