Not like I needed to break my dismal record of 20 minutes on the "Stairway to Hell" machine, but last night I figured what the heck, there's nothing on TV but all the election babble, I might as well go to the gym. So, after taking the dogs for a short 30-minute walk, I drug myself to the gym again. And you know what? My legs must be getting stronger, I stayed on that horrible machine for an hour! The last two minutes were excruciating, and I know you're not supposed to, but I was leaning onto the handles on that beast for dear life, but I wasn't about to let it beat me either, not after having conquered it for 58 minutes. I have a feeling that is what this trip will be like, it will be as much a mental challenge as it will be physical, for me anyway. I'm still a bit worried about the whole altitude thing.
Today that machine got the best of me, I could feel the stiffness in my legs everytime I got up from my chair at work, yikes. Tonight I gave myself a break and didn't go to the gym, just took the dogs for a walk for about an hour. It was actually good as it helped me stretch out my muscles a little. I thought about heating up the spa too...
I wish we would hurry up and get our equipment list for the trip...REI is having a sale and I'm sure there's still more stuff I need. It would also be nice if my REI dividend would hurry up and come too!
I'm looking forward to this weekend so I can do a real hike. The forecast says no rain, yay!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment